Looking to work in a fast-paced industry with an experienced and healthy growing company? Hales Property Management (www.halesinc.com) is searching for a talented individual to serve as a Condominium Portfolio Assistant Property Manager (APM). Under limited supervision, the APM serves as the primary contact to oversee and coordinate all property management, maintenance, construction, and financial related activities associated with small to midsized, multiple building/unit condominiums and townhomes.
- Oversee the management of buildings, including maintenance services, outside contractors and vendors.
- Manage, supervise and/or provide guidance to Property Assistants.
- Contact and place service orders with maintenance staff, specialty vendors and contractors.
- Solicit bids for maintenance contractors and construction projects, create scope spreadsheets, and participate in the selection of contractors.
- Perform quality assurance and control inspections for each of the buildings to ensure proper maintenance, adherence to contract specifications, and compliance with industry standards.
- Schedule and attend after hours meetings with Board members and unit owners.
- Handle emergency issues associated with properties after hours or as needed.
Customer Service/Community Governance
- Direct contact for resident concerns and requests pertaining to building related issues.
- Answer and effectively handle concerned Owner phone calls, inform residents of policies/procedures, and conduct onsite owner meetings.
- Send mass communications to residents. Coordinate with Account Manager to ensure administrative documents comply with in-house policies and external legalities.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of all pertinent documents (bylaws, declarations, rules and regulations, certificates of insurance, vendor contracts, etc.).
- Create and maintain budgets and review accounting and financial statements for condo associations.
- Monitor contracts/budgets and control operating expenses.
- Oversee assessment collections and follow-up with assessment delinquencies to ensure that proper notices have been distributed.
- Assist with transition and set-up of new property accounts, input and maintain data within web based software and audit information.
- Draft and proofread client notices, memos, letters and templates.
- Approve vendor invoices and effectively address any inquires.
Skills & Abilities
- Provides quality work while multitasking many different responsibilities.
- Operate independently under tight deadlines and limited supervision.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service, writing and communication skills.
- Work with sensitive information and maintain confidentiality.
- Computer proficiency to include Microsoft Office Applications (Outlook, Word, Excel), and some use of QuickBooks.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) in Real Estate, Business or a related field, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 1-2 years of real-estate and/or property management experience preferred.
- Manager and/or supervisory experience and accounting familiarity preferred.
- Community Association Manager (CAM) and or Certified Manager of Community Associations (CMCA) license preferred.
- Potential physical demands may include lifting up to 35lbs; standing, sitting, walking and occasional climbing.
- Employee is required to work at a personal computer and/or talk on the phone for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work extended/flexible hours and occasionally weekends to meet deadlines.
- Ability to respond to emergencies (both during and after business hours) in a timely manner.
- Local travel (Chicago). Must have valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
Disclaimer: This is not an all-inclusive job description; therefore, management has the right to assign or reassign schedules, duties, and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- Salary, Bonus and Commission opportunities based on experience and job performance
- Health Insurance
- Half-day Fridays, Federal Holidays and Paid Time Off (PTO) package
- Retirement Savings Program
- Per Diems
- Meal and Computer Reimbursement Programs