Hales Property Management (www.halesinc.com) is searching for a talented individual to serve as a Condominium Portfolio Property Manager (PM). The PM will oversee a large portfolio of mid to large sized condominium buildings.
- Contribute towards strategic vision of Company. Propose and help to implement new and innovative operational procedures that improve internal workflows and procedural efficiencies.
- Provide guidance and direction to team members. Assess overall staff performance, strengths and necessary areas of improvement and provide feedback to them on how to further develop.
- Lead Company and client initiatives and projects.
- Work closely with client Board members to oversee a large portfolio of condominium buildings.
- Perform quality assurance and control inspections for client buildings to ensure proper maintenance, adherence to contract specifications, and compliance with industry standards.
- Oversee large capital improvement projects and building maintenance needs. Create scope sheets, solicit bids and participate in the selection of contractors. Contact and place service orders with maintenance staff, specialty vendors and contractors.
- Create, maintain, and monitor client contracts and budgets, review vendor invoices, control operating expenses and review financial statements for client associations.
Customer Service/Community Governance
- Serve as direct contact for resident concerns and requests pertaining to building related issues.
- Draft clear and concise client communications in line with Company policies and external legalities.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of all pertinent client documents, including bylaws, declarations, rules and regulations, certificates of insurance, vendor contracts, etc.
Skills & Abilities
- Provide quality work while multitasking many different responsibilities.
- Operate independently under tight deadlines and limited supervision.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service, writing and communication skills.
- Work with sensitive information and maintain confidentiality.
- Computer proficiency to include Microsoft Office Applications (Outlook, Word, Excel), and some use of QuickBooks.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) in Real Estate, Business or a related field, or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- 6-8 years of real-estate and/or portfolio property management experience
- Manager and/or supervisory experience and accounting familiarity
- Construction project management experience and working knowledge of building related systems, designs, etc.
- Community Association Manager (CAM) and/or Certified Manager of Community Associations (CMCA) license
- Potential physical demands may include lifting up to 35lbs; standing, sitting, walking and occasional climbing.
- Employee is required to work at a personal computer and/or talk on the phone for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work extended/flexible hours and occasionally weekends to meet deadlines.
- Ability to respond to emergencies (both during and after business hours) in a timely manner.
- Local travel (Chicago). Must have valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
Disclaimer: This is not an all-inclusive job description; therefore, management has the right to assign or reassign schedules, duties, and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- Salary, Bonus and Commission opportunities based on experience and job performance
- Health Insurance
- Work From Home
- Half-day Fridays, Federal Holidays and Paid Time Off (PTO) package
- Retirement Savings Program
- Per Diems
- Meal and Computer Reimbursement Programs