Inside this Newsletter
- Important Dates to Remember
- Updates at Hales Property Management
- Attending HOA Meetings: 5 Reasons You Should Go
- Best of the Blog
- Maintenance Tip: Spring Painting Tips and Tricks
- From the Desk of Keith Hales
Important Dates to Remember
Updates at Hales Property Management
Hales would like to welcome Anjanette Cole to the property management team! She has over 10 years experience in property management accounting and will certainly be an asset to the team.
We are thrilled to welcome River Pointe West, 2100 N Damen, 1218-1220 W. Carmen, and California & Crystal to our condo portfolio!
This year Hales exhibited at the first annual Chicagoland Property Management Condo & HOA Expo held at McCormick Place.
Attending HOA Meetings: 5 Reasons You Should Go
Homeowners association meetings happen infrequently, but most still have ongoing problems with owner attendance. In fact, because a number of important items are addressed at these meetings, owners should make it a point to attend as many as they can. Here are five reasons why you should seriously consider attending your next HOA meeting:
- You will remain in the loop about relevant issues affecting your building.
- You will get to vote on pressing matters that affect you.
- You can raise issues you feel strongly about and implement change.
- Your presence is required to reach a quorum, without which no decisions can be made.
- You can build a sense of community with your fellow owners.
So, when the time comes for your next HOA meeting, take the extra effort to attend. You might be surprised with how in-touch it will put you with all the things going on in your building.
Best of the Blog
Our blog is still posting weekly advice for owners and residents, at halespropertymanagement.com/blog. Here are 4 recent posts we were particularly proud of:
5 Ways Owners can be Proactive about Reporting Maintenance Issues to Their Property Manager
The HOA Rulebook: Why It Exists and Who is Responsible for It
A homeowners association comes with it’s own rules. This is why HOAs have rulebooks.
Frozen Pipes and How to Prevent Them
Frozen pipes still occur, but are preventable. Follow these tips to keep your pipes flowing.
Spring Maintenance for Buildings after a Mild Winter
Spring cleaning after a mild winter includes maintenance of your large appliances and HVAC unit.
Maintenance Tip: Spring Painting Tips and Tricks
Spring is the perfect time to breathe some new life into your condo by putting on a fresh coat of paint. Here are some painting tips and tricks that should help make the project easier and faster: