Hales Property Management would like to wish everyone a happy and wonderful holiday season. Hales will be closed for Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year’s Eve, and New Year’s Day. Please take a minute to read the articles on various tips for the Holiday Season.
Unfortunately, beak-ins and burglaries are more frequent during the holidays. Here are a few quick security tips to keep on mind.
- Don’t post travel plans on social media
- Stop mail and newspaper deliveries or have someone pick it up
- Have a friend or neighbor move your car occasionally
- Don’t advertise big ticket gifts/purchases in the garbage
- Use light timers to stimulate occupancy
- Make sure a neighbor or friend knows you’re going out of town and give this person a contact list in case of emergencies
- Give them a copy of your keys and have them stop by every once in a while to check your faucets to make sure the pipes aren’t frozen.
Here is a link to community alerts for the city of Chicago. Please be aware that there have been recent break-ins in the 18th district. Click here for more alerts.
If your building has a parking lot, there may be times that your vehicle will need to be relocated in order to properly service the lot in heavy snow falls. If you plan on going out of town during the snow season and your vehicle is parked in the lot, please make arrangements with a friend or neighbor to move your vehicle if necessary. Stay tuned to specific announcements from your property manager for important information.
Hales Property Management, Inc.