However, with a little bit of preparation, the entire process can be much smoother. Here are eight tips to help you prepare for your HOA’s annual meeting season:
1. Review the agenda and make sure you understand what will be discussed at the meeting. If there are items you’re not familiar with, ask a board member or your property manager for more information.
2. Make sure you have everything you need to participate in the meeting. This may include a copy of the association’s bylaws, a list of current members, and any other relevant documents.
3. Consider what questions you want to ask or what topics you want to discuss during the meeting. This will help you stay focused and make the most of your time during the meeting.
4. If you’re unable to attend the meeting in person, find out if there’s an option to participate remotely (by phone or online). This way, you can still be a part of the discussion and decision-making process.
5. Be respectful of other members’ time and opinions. If you disagree with someone, state your position calmly and respectfully. Avoid getting into heated arguments or personal attacks.
6. Remember that the meeting is a chance for everyone to share their thoughts and ideas. Try to be open-minded and willing to compromise.
7. The meeting is also a good opportunity to get to know your fellow members better. Take some time to socialize before or after the meeting, and exchange contact information so you can stay in touch throughout the year.
8. Finally, don’t forget to thank your board members for their hard work. They volunteer their time and efforts to make your community a better place, so show them your appreciation!
And if you think your HOA could use some help in managing your building, contact us today to request a proposal for association management services!